Thursday, January 22, 2015

Interactive Root Journal

Something new that we have created is an Interactive Root Journal! This is amazing because it can be used in correlation with Reading Olympians or completely separate! If using separate from Reading O it still gives your students a glimpse into different greek gods and goddesses all while integrating roots into different activities to help students apply their understanding of each root word.

In my classroom I am using the Interactive Journal with Reading O!  My students complete this journal during a rotation of my reading groups.  We complete a set of Reading O in about two weeks so my students have 6 group rotations to complete the journal. Each group has the opportunity complete independently or with a partner.  So far we have completed 4 sets in our journal- Nike, Poseidon, Athena, and Nemesis.  Next week we will be completed the final set in the Interactive Journal!








No comments:

Post a Comment